Welcome inside the mind of Dan the Van Man:
A short while ago we featured fellow nomad and Maverick: Jacob the Nomad on the website. Through our collaborative efforts we were able to do an interview with Jacob asking me the questions. After 8 months of full time vandwelling I thought it'd be helpful to share my responses with you - giving you a greater insight into the realities surrounding life on the road.
1. What made you want to live in your van?
2. What are the biggest perks you’ve found to living in your van?
3. What is the biggest challenge you’ve come across, and how did you solve it?
4. What kind of personality do you think it takes to live in a van?
5. Have you had to deal with the social stigma of living in a van, and if so how do you overcome it?
6. If you could offer any advice to a new vandweller, what would it be?
7. What resources (physical or digital) do you find invaluable?
8. How do you financially support your alternative lifestyle?
9. How do you maintain relationships with a significant other and/or family and friends?
10. How long do you plan on living in a van?